Friday, June 29, 2012

Getting Busy or Does It Feel That Way

Well it has been a bit since I have last posted and I feel like so much has gone on. So much I can barely remember what ha taken up my time. With that said, I don't think I was as busy as I thought I was. I have spent a large amount of my time with my wife and kids. Last week my sister n law and her husband visited from NY and we spent some quality time with baby Bowie. Earlier this week Benjamin and I went to the library and shared some time Singing and ready books. He received his first library card and checked out his first books. Being on budget really does make a difference when purchasing books. I have not moved Ben into the digital books yet. As pro technology I am, I just want Ben to fall in love with actual books. Jill and I are also taking Benjamin and Lila to the Levitt Pavilion every Wednesday morning to sing and dance. If you live in Arlington or near by through out the summer there are some great performances there adult and for children. Some of these events are the reason for this blog. I am a big advocate for journaling and blogging. Not just or people to read it but to document the journey we call life. So, I suggest a few things:
1. Make a plan: if planning is important to you and it should. You should create a calendar with daily events and events to come. Calendar are a great way of communication. With the family.
2. Share your time: it is much easier to enjoy life and go through the tough and busy times if your not alone.
3. Share the moments: take pictures all the time and not of stuff but of the people you where with. I recently went to D.C. and the best picture include people in front of the monuments and not just the monument. If you picture of just monuments google it there will be better pictures there.
4: Journal: create your own auto-biography. You will appreciate it later. And so will your family, your children will want to some day see what made you the person you are. Use paper or create a Dailey blog. And by the way Facebook is not the place for this.
5. Do it every day: you have to start strong to create a habit. It doesn't matter that you are a terrible author or English student. The more you generate new thought the more you will want to create a day to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment